Join HI STAR this summer (June 3-10, 2017). HI STAR is a one week astronomy program at the University of Hawaii Manoa campus in Honolulu. This program is designed for grade 8 - 11 students who would like to work on science research projects.
STUDENTS: Fill out the online HI STAR application form .
TEACHER RECOMMENDATION WRITERS: Fill out the online HI STAR recommendation form .
HI STAR 2016 participants, volunteers, and staff
- Program: day and night activities:
- Learn about asteroids, comets, variable stars, extrasolar planets, and galaxies.
- Do telescope observing and get CCD camera images of objects in space.
- Understand physics and chemistry principles integral to astronomy.
- Learn image-processing skills using astrometry and photometry software.
- Be mentored by an astronomer to complete a research project after the program.
- Student Application Requirements
Each student must have a teacher who agrees to write a letter of recommendation for you.
Cost: A $150 registration fee.
(can be waived for those with financial hardship)
- Housing at UH Manoa campus dormitory and meals are fully funded for students.
- All students will need to pay for their own airfare to Honolulu (exception for students with fee waiver).
For more information, about these workshops please contact: Geoff Mathews firstname.lastname@example.org
UH IfA Workshop Pictures
HISTAR 07 Summer Workshop (1week)
Roll 1 | Roll 2 | Roll 3
Moloka‘i Astronomy Workshop (2 days)
Roll 1 | Roll 2 | Roll 3 | Roll 4 | Roll 5