- Camera: when used in the context of the IPP, or "camera stage" this referes to a full focal plane image of 60 Chips or OTAs.
- Chip: single piece of silicon in the GPC, has 64 cells which are each independently programable orthognal transfer arrays. Also called an OTA.
- GPC1: Gigapixel Camera No. 1, actually 1.4 Gigapixels - the digital camera on PS1
- IPP: Image Processing Pipeline - used to describe either the softare pipline to reduce the Pan-STARRS data or the hardware machines that support it.
- Projection Cell/Center: a fixed set of rectangular (ra,dec) regions,
defined by a Budavari-Magnier rings tesselation, approximately
4 degrees x 4 degrees, wherein the rata is registered to a tangential projection about that center. A projection cell is divided into 10x10 sky cells for convience, each sky cell is approximately the area of chip cell.
- Warp: Chip data that has been resampled and geometrically warped to go into a sky cell with pixels of uniform size and lined up in RA, and Dec locally about a projection center.
(chambers AT ifa.hawaii.edu)
Last modified: Aug 20, 2012