Commercial Tours and Filming

A commercial use permit is required for both commercial tours and filming.

Permitted Commercial Tour Companies »

If you don't want to drive up the mountain yourself, the following commercial tour operators have permits to conduct tours up Mauna Kea: [more info]

Film Permits »

All individuals or groups wishing to film on Maunakea for the purpose of sale, video production, or television transmition MUST first acquire a permit from the Office of Maunakea Management and the State of Hawaii Film Office. Film activities include still photography, video, digital cameras, high definition digital recorders, etc. Fees may be assessed. [more info]

First Light e-Store - Buy MKO and Maunakea observatory logo apparel and souvenirs - Employment, internships and volunteer opportunities on Mauna Kea

Content © 2010-2020 Mauna Kea Support Services / Mauna Kea Visitor Information Station
Website design by Curly Pinky Designs. A Kilauea WebWorks production. Internal

MKVIS 9am-6pm Daily

Current road conditions - call (808)935-6268