- 5/2/07   The take-home final exam is
HERE. Information on the
deadline and instructions for taking and returning the exam are
included. If any aspect of the exam is unclear, please email or call Drs. Cowie
or Joseph for clarification.
- 5/2/07   An informal survey on all aspects of the course is here:   (PDF |
Plain text). We would welcome your informal
feedback on all aspects of the course.
- 4/3/07   Information on the required research paper is
HERE. The schedule and a list of suggested
topics is given; you may instead choose your own topic.
Note the intermediate dates given on
the schedule and please pay attention to them, particularly that for the initial
approval of your topic.
- 2/26/07   The
Outline page has been updated. Dates should now be
approximately correct. Required reading for Kepler has been posted on the
- 2/22/07   The order of topics has been changed
slightly. We will discuss Kepler's laws before Galileo. See the
- 2/19/07   Reading and questions for a discussion of
Copernicus "On the Revolutions .." have been posted on the
Discussions page (For
Thursday, Feb 22, optimistically). Copies will also be available at class
tomorrow (Tuesday). See the topic page for
required reading. Materials for the previous section (Medieval Europe) have now
all been posted.
- 2/15/07   Section 4 lecture notes have been posted.
Homework 3 relating to the discussion of Thomas Aquinas has also been posted
(due on Thursday, Feb 22). See the
- 2/1/07   Note that there will be no class next
Tuesday, February 6 because of Dr. Joseph's travel. The class will be made
up at a later date. Class will meet normally on Thursday, February 8.
- 1/18/07   There is a new page on the website that
links to homework questions related to the class discussions. This can be
accessed from the main information page (look for
"Homework"), and from the discussions page,
and there is also a link
This homework will be handed out in class today (Thursday) and is due next
Thursday (Jan 23).