ROBOSPECT is a C program designed to automatically measure equivalent widths for lines in spectral data. Please read the user guide below, and download the source code for more information.
NOTE: After major development of ROBOSPECT stopped in 2013, GSL updated to version 2, which is incompatible with the current source code. The previous version is still packaged for Debian/Ubuntu systems, as the libgsl0-dev package. Please use this version of GSL until ROBOSPECT has been rewritten for the newer version.
- 2017-10-17 v2.16: robospect-2.16.tar.gz compatibility mode for macs.
- Updated default plot bounding box to something more sensible.
- Added --strict_center, --strict_width, and --strict_flux options to better control the fit check strictness parameters previously only set on or off by the --loosen flag.
- 2017-07-19 v2.15: robospect-2.15.tar.gz compatibility mode for macs.
- Updated documentation on build issues, and rebuilt configuration tools to match version update.
- 2016-07-11 v2.14: robospect-2.14.tar.gz compatibility mode for macs.
- plwid() function deprecated in libplplot v5.10+, preventing builds that use the plotting code. Switched to plwidth().
- 2014-08-15 v2.13: robospect-2.13.tar.gz compatibility mode for macs.
- 2013-10-23 v2.12 released: robospect-2.12.tar.gz. Changes:
- Addition of -v xcorr to print radial velocity cross-correlation information to log file.
- Addition of --radial_velocity_sigma argument to specify the S/N value to use in the radial velocity line search (defaults to old hard code value of 10.0).
- Addition of -N slow option which decouples noise calculation from continuum calculation. This eliminates a covariance term that is large on uncalibrated data.
- --flux_calibrated now implies --loosen. This is a temporary fix while I alter the line validation code.
- 2013-09-01 Our paper describing ROBOSPECT has been published, and is available here.
- 2013-08-16 An updated revision of ROBOSPECT (v2.11) has been released: robospect-2.11.tar.gz. A short list of changes in this revision:
- Addition of a more detailed user guide to provide more introduction to new users.
- New line shape model for skew-Gauss lines.
- Bug fix for 1-D FITSIO spectra.
- Detect certain CFITSIO installation differences.
- Update 2013-08-02: Our paper, "ROBOSPECT: Automated Equivalent Width Measurement" has been accepted for publication in the Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific. Because of this, we've added a link to the first public release of the ROBOSPECT source code.
- The current released revision of ROBOSPECT is v2.10: robospect-2.10.tar.gz
- Preprint version of the paper describing ROBOSPECT.
- The poster presented at the 220th American Astronomical Society
meeting introducing ROBOSPECT
is available here. This poster
provides a preliminary description of the algorithms and accuracy of
the code, with some example spectrum fits.
- The talk presented at the 221th American Astronomical Society
meeting reviewing the accuracy and fit quality of ROBOSPECT fits
is available here.
Please email requests for updates to the
authors: Chris Waters
or Julie Hollek.